The option Take Payment appears in three places:
- In the menu of reservation, under right click:
- In the Payments tab within the reservation window:
- In the footer of the reservation, always accessible when you open a reservation:
In all cases, you will see a Take Payment window.
Here you can see its settings: Default Take Payment window
- Total Due - the total amount of reservation and the currency of payment (you can change the currency if you want to charge, for example, in USD, not in CLP.)
- Pay Now - this part can be modified. Enter the amount you receive from the guest and if it is not the same amount as the balance due, the system will show you the change in different currencies:
Below also appears the Accounting Date. Here you can choose the date with which the payment is related, although the date of the transaction will be the date of collection.
Then it is also possible to add a description to the transaction.
You can take the payment in different ways. The first option is with cash. If you press Accept Cash button, the transaction will be registered in the default system account.
In the case that you have more than one cash account, you can choose the one you are interested in by pressing the arrow at the end of the button.
In the case of card payment, click on Charge Credit Card button and choose the account that interests you.
The Give Refund option appears in the Payments tab within the booking window.
Select a transaction from the list and click on Give Refund button. In this window, you can enter the refund amount, add a description that is mandatory and choose the account from which you want to make the refund.
All transactions will appear in Accounts and Transactions.