Cancellation fees are applied to reservations during the cancellation in case of manual cancellation, or automatically according to booking cancellation policy in case of cancellation coming from OTAs or Online Check-in. How does the application of cancellation fees work?
When you cancel a reservation in FrontDesk Master directly, by changing the reservation status to Cancelled, the Confirm cancellation window appears:
There, you can decide how the cancellation fee should be applied:
- Apply cancellation charges - this option will apply cancellation charges according to the reservation rate cancellation policy. E.g., the rate cancellation policy is Non Refundable, 100% of the reservation cost will be marked as due.
- No charges - the cancellation cost will be 0.
- First night's cost - the system will apply the cost of the first night as due for cancellation charge.
- x% of the total price - the system will apply the selected % of the total reservation as the cancellation charge.
- x$ - the system will apply the selected amount as a cancellation charge.
On click on Cancel reservation button, the system will cancel the reservation and redirect you to the payment window if there are any cancellation charges. You can close Take Payment window to register the payment later.
When you open a cancelled reservation, you can see how the cancellation fees are applied. The Overview table shows you all cancelled nights with the information if the night is due or not. See the orange $ button . It means that the night is included into the cancellation cost and affects the Total and Total Due of the reservation.
You can manually adjust which nights are due and their amount.
$ button ) are included into the Total of the reservation and the balance due.As you can see, only those nights that are DUE (selected with
> The city tax will be removed automatically from the cancellation fees when reservation is cancelled. To include it, you can edit the city tax value in the reservation form directly.
Cancellations from OTAs or Online Check-in are applied automatically, thus FrontDesk Master will automatically apply the cancellation charges according to the rate cancellation policy. The system will use Apply cancellation charges option from the 'Confirm cancellation' window.
> If cancellation policies are not set up, then the system will apply no cancellation charges to reservation, resulting with Total reservation and Balance Due equal to $0.
You can always adjust the cancellation cost of bookings from OTAs by changing the nights and marking them as DUE using $ button in the reservation form.